Saturday, July 7, 2012

Wall Stencil Fun


This stenciling project in the dining room has been time consuming and tiring.  With that said, I love the way it turned out.  And it was really easy, just a slow process.  

Here is the stencil in action:
 I started by painting the entire room with the base paint which was Valspar City Storm in flat sheen.  I taped the stencil up on the wall with painters tape.  The stencil is moorish trellis made by Royal Design Studios.  I used Valspar City Storm in semi-gloss sheen for the stencil.  I applied the paint to the stencil with a foam brush.  I like the subtle look of the stencil with this tone on tone technique.  The pattern disappears and reappears according to where you are in the room and where the light is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...