Monday, July 30, 2012

It's Been Awhile...

I haven't posted in awhile but it isn't for lack of projects.  A couple of weeks ago was my birthday and here is one of the new toys that I got:
Isn't she a beauty!  She's a Nikon d3100.  The only downfall was she didn't come with a cord so that I could upload photos to my computer so I had to buy a sd card reader.  I finally got around to it today so I am excited to finally post again.  I have some new photos for the living room and dining room and living room.  We'll say that these two rooms are done...for now:).

Here is the living room before:

Pretty dark and drab, right?  So here is what it looks like now:

 Remember this bookcase project?



Now here is the before of the dining room:


There were so many crazy colors going on!  Now here are the afters:

 New hardware makes the built-in look pretty schnazzy:)



There are still a lot of things that I want to do in these two rooms but I am pleased with the way they are looking so far.

Alright, now on to a little organization project.  This project was inspired by a couple of different things that I saw on Pinterest.  I have become an accessory junkie.  I love jewelry, belts, and scarves.  Awhile back I completed this project to display and store all my pretty earrings:

Now I wanted a way to store my scarves and large necklaces and I have seen two different pins using towel bars and shower curtain rings/hooks to hang them.  I decided to combine the two pins by purchasing an over the door towel rack for 10 dollars from Bed Bath and (Way) Beyond and some shower rings and hooks from Target.  And here is how it turned out:


I am definitely happy with how it turned out!

5 comments:

  1. I saw this on Pinterest and followed it here, I simply LOVE this idea. Any idea of how-- or even if -- belts could be displayed this way ? Or another brainstorm for belts ? It could be worse, I started making my own jewelry, so now not only is it more affordable, but much more plentiful. Signed, another accessory junkie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the idea! I actually did add my belts to this after about a month because they kept falling out of my armoire. There is a third tier behind the necklaces so I just loop the belts over it and snap or clasp them so they don't fall off.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I got them at Walmart. They are shower curtain hooks so I found them with the bath stuff.

      Delete
  3. Love this idea. I moved into a small apt with my bf and I have no room for all my scarves but I just invested in this over the door towel hanger and I am trying this!!

    -Thanks a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...